1. A nondirectional radio beacon (NDB) transmits nondirectional signals whereby the pilot of a
properly equipped aircraft can determine the aircraft's ____________ and ___________ on the station.
2. NDBs are subject to disturbances that may result in erroneous bearing information. This is usually
caused by ______________ or ________________.
3. A VHF omnidirectional range (VOR) is a ground based electronic NAVAID transmitting VHF
navigational signals 360 degrees in azimuth, orientated from ____________________.
4. The basic restriction to the use of VOR NAVAIDs is _______________________.
5. Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN) is a UHF electronic air NAVAID that provides suitably equipped
aircraft with a continuous indication of ____________ and ___________ to the TACAN station.
6. TACAN is a pulse system and operate in the __________ band of frequencies.
7. TACANs are specifically designed for the use of ___________ and ___________________ aircraft.
8. The letters DME mean ____________________________________.
9. A VOR TACAN is a NAVAID that provides VOR azimuth, TACAN azimuth, and TACAN
________ at one site.
10. An instrument landing system (ILS) approach is classified as a ____________________ approach.
11. The purpose of marker beacons in conjunction with the ILS is to determine __________________.