FLIPs and related publications are monitored for all Active Army (AA), Army National
Guard (ARNG), and US Army Reserve (USAR) units and activities. Requests for these
publications must be submitted to the appropriate US Army account manager (Appendix).
Direct contact with the Defense Mapping Agency Combat Support Center (DMACSC) is not
authorized. Any request sent to that activity will be returned without action.
ESTABLISHING AN ACCOUNT
a. Policies. The following policies apply when establishing an account for FLIPs and
(1) All AA, ARNG, and USAR units and activities will submit written requests to
initially establish FLIP and related publication accounts. Accounts will be consolidated at post,
installation, or airfield level when possible.
(2) Only one account is authorized for each ARNG or USAR center, activity, or
facility and will serve all tenants. Elements (operations, simulator branch, standardization
board, and instrument schools) will be consolidated into one account through base operations
or any other single office designated by the airfield commander. All elements of a battalion,
brigade, or squadron at the same location should be serviced through one account.
(3) Requests for separate accounts will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Requests for separate accounts or requisitions for publications not routed through the
consolidated account will be returned without action.
b. Required Information. The following information is required in order to initially
establish a FLIP account. This information must be submitted in the following sequence.
(1) Name and telephone number (commercial and AUTOVON) of the unit FLIP
(2) Exact mailing address. The complete address must not exceed four lines.
Include the building number if possible.
(3) Number of aircraft by type assigned or attached on a permanent basis.
(4) Normal geographic limit of the area of routine operations.
(5) Name and quantity of publication requirements.